Monday 18 July 2011

Images of the Day - 18th July 2011

Over the next two days I'll be posting a series of images. They all relate to my father's wartime service. Some of them we know some detail, others are a bit of a mystery to us. I've discussed his wartime service before in an earlier post.

It's a big regret of mine that he's no longer here to ask him about them - it's 20 years this week since he passed away, so these images are posted as a kind of tribute to him.

The two images I post today are obviously formal portraits of the units he was with. The first is named to the unit and has names for everyone in it. My dad is sitting first on the left in the front row. (Click the image for a larger version)


The second image I believe to be later than the first - at least two men are wearing medal ribbons, and my dad just looks slightly older in it. He's standing in the middle row, second from the right.


Tomorrow I'll show you some more informal images, together with some mystery images.

1 comment: